Posts for tag: Oral Care
Maintaining healthy teeth and gums starts with you.
Has it been a couple of days since you last flossed? Did you go to bed recently and felt too tired to brush? Has your sweet tooth ruled what you’ve eaten this week? All of these bad habits are the reason why cavities are the most common chronic dental disease that our Naperville, IL, dentist Dr. Jordan Simonovich sees; however when you take special care of your teeth you can prevent these problems from happening.
What does good oral care entail?
Not sure if your at-home routine is up to snuff? Here’s what you should be doing to ensure healthy teeth and gums,
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day for a full two minutes each time using fluoride toothpaste
- Floss your teeth at least once a day
- Drink enough water every day
- Replace your toothbrush head every 3-4 months and immediately after an illness
- Eat a healthy diet
- Reduce intake of sugar, starches and acidic foods
- Use mouthwash throughout the day to remove food and plaque from teeth
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Quit or avoid smoking
- Visit your Naperville, IL, family dentist every six months
What can good oral care do for my smile?
By practicing good at-home oral care you preserve your smile and also,
- Prevent decay and cavities
- Reduce the risk for tooth sensitivity
- Protect against gum disease and tooth loss
- Reduce your risk for dental emergencies
- Maintain fresh breath
- Prevent dental stains and discolorations
- Lower your risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke and oral cancer
- Maintain your own natural teeth
- Prevent the need for dental work or certain procedures
When should I see the dentist?
Even though you are doing everything you can to keep your beautiful smile healthy you still need to see our Naperville, IL, general dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups. Not only can this prevent dental problems from happening in the first place it can also catch problems early when they are so much easier to treat. The team at North Creek Dental Care of Naperville is here to make sure that you get the preventive dentistry you and your family need.
When was the last time you visited your Naperville, IL, dentist for a checkup? If it’s been more than six months, then it’s time to schedule an appointment. Call North Creek Dental Care of Naperville at (630) 983-9877.