Posts for category: Orthodontic Treatments
Have crooked or imperfect teeth been keeping you from grinning loud and proud? Then you might have also heard of Invisalign—one popular method of straightening teeth. At North Creek Dental Care of Naperville, IL, Dr. Polly Gallavin is committed to offering you the most informed alignment issue examination.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear-aligner orthodontic treatment for the eventual correction of your teeth’ positioning. The series of corrective clear trays can remedy overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites, crowded teeth, or gaps. Invisalign trays are removable—unlike metal braces—particularly for eating, brushing your teeth, and flossing. One of the biggest appeals of the clear aligner trays is that they are virtually unnoticeable, while meticulously correcting your smile.
How does Invisalign work?
The process of corrective aligners is relatively similar to common metal-bracket braces, where the gradual pressure to shift your teeth is intentionally positioned with each tray. To begin straightening your teeth, our Naperville, IL, dentist will make a custom mold of your teeth to be sent to the Invisalign company. Once manufactured, the first set has a requirement to be worn for 20 hours per day for a full two-week period. A series of aligner trays will proceed the first set until your teeth are deemed accurately aligned.
What are some advantages of having Invisalign instead of traditional braces?
With steady improvement in clear alignment technology, the flexible plastic offers comfort that metal braces do not.
Additional advantages include:
- Having cleaner teeth attributed to the removable trays
- Comfort in knowing the form of orthodontic alignment you’ve chosen is almost undetectable
- No limitations with food unlike metal wires and braces that can break from a single bite into an apple or popcorn kernels lodging itself between brackets.
- Invisalign trays are made of flexible plastic (polyurethane) that will not aggravate the gums or surrounding tissue in the mouth.
- Teeth-grinding or jaw clenching can wear down your teeth, but your teeth are protected with the clear alignment trays acting as a nightguard.
Orthodontic treatments are an investment and Dr. Gallavin is prepared to assist you with envisioning your perfect smile. Book an appointment with North Creek Dental Care of Naperville, IL, today by calling (630) 983-9877.